IBM Sterling File Gateway
IBM Sterling File Gateway
REMEDI is uniquely experienced with managed file transfer, particularly as a component of a comprehensive integration suite. As an IBM Premier Business Partner and software reseller, we have core expertise with IBM’s Sterling File Gateway. Our MFT services are tailored a number of ways to fit your needs.
Whether it is for original software installation, or for upgrades, our MFT professionals assist clients with Sterling File Gateway architecture design, installation, configuration, deployment, and conversion duties. REMEDI is perfectly suited for large-scale B2B integration projects where complexity and tight time lines are involved, which happens to be the environment where Sterling File Gateway excels.
REMEDI can also supplement your IT staff if you have workload challenges, and can provide MFT managed services in your environment managing infrastructure, performing integration development, and participating in partner facing coordination activities.
IBM Sterling File Gateway consolidates disparate centers of file transfer activity, and facilitates the secure exchange of file-based data over the internet.
Every day companies expand internet-based file transfer activity with their trading partners. Combined with FTP and loose file transfer server controls, this means their risks and operational issues often increase. With our managed file transfer (MFT) offering and business-to-business consulting expertise, companies get:
- A single, secure solution for “Edge” based file transfer that handles large files and high volumes in any format, any protocol, and any number of external connections
- Onboarding Wizard and reusable templates, which expedites trading partner setup to accelerate time-to-revenue
- Enhanced security and risk management—Offers secure protocols, encryption methods, certificate types, digital signatures, and identity management tools to ensure data integrity. DMZ based security is available via IBM Secure Proxy.
- Visibility and self-service for better management—Leads to better decision making, faster response, and more satisfied customers and business partners
- IBM Sterling File Gateway is available as a licensed on premise software
Learn more about IBM File Transfer and Messaging Products
Features and Benefits of Features and Benefits of Sterling File Gateway
- Offers an onboarding Wizard and reusable templates that enable the rapid onboarding of new partners
- Lets users set up group based controls to minimize administration of trading partner relationships
- Utilizes import/export functionality to minimize risk of production updates to trading partner configurations
- Provides industry protocols: FTP, FTPS, SSH/SFTP, SSH/SCP, HTTP, HTTPS, IBM® Sterling Connect:Direct®, IBM® Sterling Connect:Direct® Secure Plus, WebDAV, SOAP, ODETTE
- AllowsAS1, AS2 and AS3 support
- Offers the ability to be extensible for custom protocols
- Utilize Zip and GZIP to compress files
- Multiple encryption standards (PGP, SSL/TLS, S/MIME)
- Offers a single sign-on, LDAP and user authentication
- Encrypt both in-flight and at-rest files
- Enables event logging that provides a complete audit trail of file transfer activities
Management and Visibility
- Gives trading partners secure access to initiate upload and download requests via myFileGateway
- Offers real-time monitoring and a self-service portal that gives IT and business users visibility over in-flight file transfers
- Monitor file transfer activity on an “exception” basis using event management notifications
- Uses auditing and reporting to provide metrics that verify regulatory compliance and adherence to service level agreements
- Supports the consolidation of file transfer servers and growth in trading partner collaboration with native horizontal and vertical clustering
- Offers a technical architecture that supports high volumes of file transfers and extremely large files without compromising performance
File Processing and Routing
- Use mapping capabilities to manage file naming relationships
- Automate the replay, reprocess and resend associated with failed file transfers
- Intelligently route files based on sender, file name, file type and file contents
- Reusable templates reduce staff time to build and maintain file transfers processes
IBM Sterling File Gateway Explainer
- Thinkronization Newsletter – December 2012 – Hot Topics Of 2012
- REMEDI Offers Value In IBM Software Subscription And Support
- Thinkronization Newsletter – October 2012 – FTP…It’s FREE, But Can You Afford It?
- REMEDI Achieves IBM Premier Business Partner Status
- Managed File Transfer Data Security And Integrity Webinar (Recorded)
- Success Story: Sterling File Gateway Conversion – Telecommunications
- IBM Software Impact 2011, See You There
- IBM and Sterling Commerce’s Integration Solution Game Plan
- Sterling Commerce Customer Connection 2010