Columbus, OH (PRWEB) February 25, 2009 - REMEDI Electronic Commerce Group, an organization providing Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Business to Business (B2B) eCommerce full-time placement, project consulting, staff supplementation and managed services, announced today that it eclipsed 2007 results in 2008. 2008 was a record year for the company in a variety of performance categories. Additionally, increased demand for services, improved execution on new business development, and continued transformation by clients from EDI to B2B eCommerce software tool sets positions the company for continued growth in 2009.
"Given the economic challenges facing companies today, many managers in IT are being asked to slash headcount, curtail integration efforts, and defer key eCommerce projects. Yet other organizations, where IT value is recognized as the way to combat these tough times, are turning to EDI and eCommerce groups for the advantages these teams and their technology bring the companies. Specifically eCommerce infrastructures and solutions bring efficiency, productivity, reduced cycle times, and business process modeling, optimization, and management," comments President Brad Loetz. "It is by working with, and focusing on, those clients interested in utilizing data integration tools and infrastructure across their business networks we are able to assist companies collaborate more effectively with partners. This has allowed clients, and REMEDI, to realize the collective operational and financial success we have in 2009".
Relevant highlights and milestones for REMEDI in 2008 were as follows:
- In 2008 REMEDI began its 15th year in business, starting as an EDI consulting company and evolving over the years to provide B2B eCommerce professional services and placement.
- The year was a record one for the company in terms of billable hours resulting in record revenue and profit. Billable hours increased by 8% over 2007. Services revenue also increased 7% during this time.
- Inc. ranked REMEDI Electronic Commerce Group as one of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the country.
- REMEDI increased recruiting staff by 33% to expand candidate recruitment for consulting and full-time placement opportunities.
- REMEDI increased sales and marketing staff by 50% to expand opportunity and account management capacity as well as marketing and business development initiatives.
- The REMEDI EDI and B2B eCommerce professional database (screened and qualified consultants and full-time candidates) grew by 35% for the year.
- Services added in late 2007, EDI Project Audit and System Health Check, gained traction with clients throughout 2008. This was available for all eCommerce environments, but particularly popular with Gentran Integration Suite implementations.
- A service launched in 2008 allows clients to more economically convert Gentran™ UNIX 5.X or 6.X Visual Maps to GIS maps or Gentran™ UNIX 6.X Application Integrator maps. The conversion offering is completed with the X-Link Engine and can take the process of remapping Visual Maps to GIS / Application Integrator maps from 16-24 hours per map to as low as 2-4 hours per map.
REMEDI Electronic Commerce Group is an independent provider of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and B2B eCommerce professional consulting services, solutions and placement, serving clients since 1994. REMEDI's broad spectrum of customers relies upon our expertise in installing, implementing, integrating, and supporting B2B integration initiatives that improve productivity, competitiveness, and stakeholder value.